Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Departure looming-almost

You know how you are getting ready to travel and the time seems to stand still and at the same time goes too quickly to get everything done? My excitement is mixed with the difficulty of leaving people I love here. I can't wait to leave and can't wait to get back to those folks. Of course there is lots going on at our house that does not concern my trip. School starting back up, Katrina prepping for a new semester of teaching, a new GFU student from China staying at our house until school starts and the usual day to day things. I am trying to be present with those things but fail to be fully there.
So in the last 12-14 hours before I leave my house I am striving for some measure of centeredness and as much calmness as I can muster. Pray that our trip goes well, that our group will find meaningful community and that I will be spiritually challenged and brave enough to embrace those challenges.

1 comment: