Monday, September 19, 2011

Off to Peru

In just a couple of weeks a group from NWYM will be off to visit Peru.  The event is a 50th anniversary.  That is how long the Peru Yearly Meeting has been inexistence.  Some former missionaries,  interested participants and I will get a three week view of Peru and a bit of Bolivia.

For me this is going to be interesting.  I was last in Bolivia and Peru in 1984 the summer between my junior and senior years of high school.  I am not sure I remember enough to notice what will be different.  But I am excited to see what Peru is like in the 21st Century.  I am also excited to worship and celebrate alongside our Peruvian Friends.

My hope is that a few(if not all) of the travelers will write a bit on the blog here.  We leave October 6th.  Join us here and follow our travels.

Shawn

2 comments: